Was your roof hit hard this year by severe weather? Have you managed to fix any damage that may have occurred? As your first line of defense against the various weather conditions we experience on a day-to-day basis, it’s important to keep your roofing in Northern Virginia in top shape. However, even the most trivial of damage can turn into a significant problem if not dealt with accordingly. One such damage is roof leakage.
Small leaks can turn into major headaches if you don’t take care of the issue immediately. Water damage and mold growth within the house are some of the issues you may encounter because of a leaky roof, both of which can be very costly to repair.
An inspection can go a long way in preventing further damage. Here are the 5 common signs to look out for:
- Excess granule loss – This indicates that your shingles have reached the end of their lifespan and may need to be replaced.
- Damaged/missing shingles – This may have been caused by severe weather. As such, these damaged shingles might be allowing water to seep into the home.
- Damaged flashing – Similar to damaged or missing shingles, this can be a source of roof leakage.
- Lack of attic ventilation – because of the damage on the roof, there might be excess air leakage into the attic, allowing temperatures to go unregulated.
- Ceiling or roof spots – This is a clear sign of roof leakage. This means that water has already started to leak into the home.
Keeping your Northern Virginia roofing in shape can prevent these issues from ever turning into a major problem. But if the issue has already gotten out of hand, or is just too big of a job for you to handle on your own, consider calling roofers like Peak Roofing Contractors to help out. Peak Roofing Contractors Inc. has more than 2 decades of roofing experience, so we know how to deal with the various issues you may have with your roof. For more information on preventing roof leakage and proper roof maintenance, feel free to contact us at Peak Roofing Contractors today.