Have you just experienced strong winds and rain? Now that it’s safe to go outside, you should check your main source of protection against the storm: your roof.
Signs of Roof Storm Damage
Roofs experience the most damage during storms because they are the primary protection for your whole home. When everything is clear outside, Peak Roofing Contractors suggests that you look for signs of roof damage. You can do this on ground level, using binoculars. Look for:
• Missing or broken shingles
• Shingle granules collecting in gutters or downspouts
• Dented or bruised shingles
• Cracked or broken slate, tile, or concrete shingles
• Dents on gutters, vents, and flashing
Steps to Take After a Storm
When you see these signs, contact Peak Roofing Contractors immediately. Here are additional steps that you can do to make the process smoother.
1. Listen to what the contractor will recommend for your roofing. You can also tell them what you want for your roof.
2. You can help with fixing your roof by asking the contractor what they may need from you.
What Happens If Repairs Are Delayed
If you don’t have your roofing in Manassas fixed now, it can lead to bigger problems and more costly repairs. Here’s the possible damage that your home can experience.
• Moisture-related problems such as mold and mildew
• Pests entering holes in the roof and staying there
• Further damage to other parts of your roofing system
• Damage to other home components like siding and foundation
Taking Action Now
After a storm, contact Peak Roofing Contractors immediately. We are one of the roofing companies in Northern Virginia that is Haag-certified. This means that we have undergone extensive training on how to handle storm damage on roofs. We are also knowledgeable about inspection safety, roof area calculations, and building codes.
If you are worrying about insurance, we got you covered. Our Haag certification is recognized by all insurance companies, ensuring no delays in claim compensation.
For more information about storm damage, you can browse our infographic here. You can also drop us a line at (703) 745-5153 to get your free estimate.